Summary Profile and Qualifications
- 15 years of experience in marketing, sales, public relations and government relations with a background in a wide range of industries including: government contracting, broadcast media, new media, technology (software and SaaS), manufacturing, higher education, food and retail. Experience includes both private and public sector markets, US and International markets.
- SEO/SEM, social media and online community management professional with experience in growing organic search results, increasing on-site engagement, producing leads and generating new online revenue opportunities.
- Superior project management and planning skills; ability to juggle multiple projects, organize and prioritize; recognizes the importance of not over-promising and under-delivering.
- Proven ability in managing product marketing campaigns and working with product teams on features / functionality, technical requirements, and product roadmap development as well as pre-sales and customer engagement.
Highlights from Recent Positions
Founder and Chief Digital Marketing Strategist
Social Web Tactics (www.socialwebtactics.com), Ashburn, VA
- Oversee development and implementation of SEO, Social Media and broader Digital Marketing strategies and tactics for B2B, B2G and B2C clients, including but not limited to full scale SEO and social media audits, website usability and content marketing.
- Create and manage content marketing, SEO and social media campaigns for companies including: Calvert Education, K12, ISO Group, INSIGHT Into Diversity, and more.
SEO and Content Optimization Manager
Strayer University, Herndon, VA
- Oversaw SEO strategy and implementation including development of site optimization and link building efforts, supervised SEO vendors in the western U.S. and India, and personally conducted detailed on-site optimization of roughly 1,000 web pages of a new corporate website.
- Increased YOY organic traffic by over 30%, and implemented strategies that led to a 68% increase in unique visitors and a reduction in bounce rate.
- Created analytics reports in Google Analytics, Omniture, Cognos and Sparkroom to track performance of SEO, PPC, and other marketing campaigns - both to the website and through social channel referrals. Reported weekly, monthly and quarterly on data and made YOY comparisons to student interest (based on RFI and other sources) as well as sales (student enrollment).
- Conceived and managed the development of the Strayer Buzz Blog, including functional and technical requirements and uploading of content into the CMS.
Senior Community Manager
GovWin.com (Deltek Information Solutions), Herndon, VA
- Created content campaigns to reach Fortune 500 prime government contractors as well as subcontractors and aspiring B2G companies that increased search presence, and grew network from 9,000 to 30,000 government contractor members in less than 9 months.
- Increased GovWin.com on-site engagement by 4 percentage points using internal tracking methodology in just 1 month.
- Developed and rolled-out GovWin's first B2B Virtual Roundtable series designed to bring executives and subject-matter experts from Fortune 500 companies (HP, Lockheed Martin, etc) and other leading government contractors together to discuss key issues, which has generated:
- Over 4,000 unique page views and 10,000 minutes on the site in less than 4 months.
- Targeted 200 to 300 registrations per event and exceeded goals by 35%
- Devised and implemented multi-phased social media strategy designed to connect with businesses and increase on-site engagement and expand thought-leadership, which has included:
- Expanding Twitter outreach - effectively growing Twitter followers by 189% in less than 6 months.
- Creating YouTube and Livestream content strategy - GovWin Livestream channel has generated over 108,000 viewer minutes and over 4,700 video streams.
- Identifying and connecting with key influencers in government contracting and related issue experts to help expand GovWin brand identity and generate additional viral marketing of content, events and services.
Social Media and Online Marketing Manager
BIA/Kelsey, Chantilly, VA
- Developed and launched 4 corporate B2B focused blogs around key company offerings in traditional media, local media, global yellow pages and mobile, which doubled unique views to BIA/Kelsey content.
- Implemented Web Analytics program for 7 web corporate web properties using multiple providers; used metrics to identify top landing pages; improved design of high-traffic pages to enhance user experience.
- Implemented initial SEO and SEM strategies on various web properties, and SEM campaigns for ActiveAccess desktop application, ParentPower community and select offerings resulting in increased website traffic.
- Supervised blog index development and database integration with B2C community website and blog.
- Maintained application content, and updated index database and website for B2C community.
- Instituted social media strategy to connect with B2B audience that included: creating multiple Twitter accounts to reach specific corporate audiences, expanding blogs to represent core corporate divisions with a phased-approach of building content and blogger relationships, social bookmarking, LinkedIn strategies for business development (added over 400 new members in 6 months to LinkedIn group), and other steps to help grow online presence and engage prospects and current clients.
- Managed B2B Webinar program, including messaging and presentation content for events that reach corporations as well as state / local government, first responders, hospitals and colleges / universities. These Webinars reached between 300 and 600 decision-makers and produced 10 to 30 qualified leads per event with qualified sales opportunities ranging from $10,000 to $50,000 per opportunity.
Marketing Communications Manager
VitalSpring Technologies, Inc., Tysons Corner, VA
- Worked with product development team, and managed all components of corporate sales tool kit for multi-billion dollar inter-enterprise software company, including content for brochure, datasheet, FAQs and web content, as well as built a stand-alone product website for demonstrations and C-Level messaging.
- Led planning and coordinated all logistics for VitalSpring’s participation in SAP’s SAPPHIRE trade show, including but not limited to: development of product demo, marketing collateral, product presentation, all on-site logistics, travel, and coordination with SAP HCM team.
- Developed Webinar program to Human Resources and Financial professionals, including content.
- Developed and executed e-mail campaigns to audiences that included C-Level executives, VPs and directors in Fortune 500 and 1000 companies, including Discovery Communications, McDonalds, Raytheon and more.
- Coordinated with sales teams on lead generation activities so marketing efforts coincided with driving opportunities through the sales pipeline.
Marketing and Project Manager
Computer Marketing Associates, Tysons Corner, VA
- Developed continuing go-to-market plans for Hewlett Packard's Federal marketing programs centering on COOP, Identity Management, and "Think Again" Server campaign versus IBM and SUN.
- Worked with client on creating and implementing a strategic competitive marketing plan for server, processor and database migration in the federal government space.
- Managed Webinar program, including messaging and presentation content for events that targeted Federal agencies such as DISA, DoD, and FEMA, as well as specific roles within government (ie, security, COOP, etc). Also planned Webinars and managed list acquisition for events geared towards other public sector organizations. Webinars averaged 30 qualified leads per event and 150 to 250 attendees.