We are extremely excited to announce that our client, Campus Climate Surveys, launched its website in the latter part of 2016, along with several new services for diversity professionals in the higher education market.
Growing Campus Diversity Is Fueling A Need For Greater Insight
One of the most pressing issues for colleges and universities is around student diversity, as well as the diversity of its faculty, staff and administration.
Research has shown that exposing students to classmates from different gender, ethnic, socio-economic and other backgrounds, and the ideas and opportunities that stem from interacting with more diverse groups, actually leads to more improved cognitive skills, including critical thinking and problem solving. Likewise, having diversity within a college or university’s employees (faculty, administrators, and campus staff) is integral to ensuring better student support and providing a better student experience.
However, as schools push forward with their diversification efforts, many are not sure where their priorities need to be placed. What is the school doing well? What are the areas needed for improvement? What do the different campus communities think?
This growing need prompted Lenore Pearlstein, who is one of the founders of INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine, to help create this new company and specialized surveys and consulting services for the higher education community.
INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine, a sister company of Campus Climate Surveys, LLC, is the most well-respected diversity and inclusion publication and website in higher education. For over 40 years, INSIGHT Into Diversity has engaged with colleges and universities to help advance the national conversation about diversity and inclusion. The prestigious INSIGHT Into Diversity Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award is the only national recognition for institutions that demonstrate an exceptional commitment to diversity and inclusion across their campuses.
Viewfinder™ Campus Climate Surveys
Viewfinder™ is a campus climate survey that measures the extent to which diversity and inclusion play an integral role within the infrastructure of a college campus. The survey works by extracting information on:
- Why a particular campus may or may not be welcoming to people from diverse populations
- Why institutional policies and processes assist or resist the needs of students, administrators, faculty, and staff; and
- Why admissions and hiring practices that are in place either ensure diversity among students and employees or don’t.
According to Campus Climate Surveys, “Viewfinder™ helps college diversity professionals identify structural glitches and more by utilizing inquiry aligned with criteria and standards found in higher education accreditation agencies. By providing information and data about what causes student and employee perceptions, Viewfinder™ surveys deliver like no other research instrument.”
Addition Services From Campus Climate Surveys
In addition to a wide range of surveys, the Campus Climate Surveys team provides additional services, including:
- FREE one-hour pre-survey consultation with Vice President for Strategic Diversity and Infrastructure Dr. Ken Coopwood Sr.
- Survey administration by Campus Climate Surveys, LLC
- PDF of survey to review and submit modifications
- Bi-weekly data reports during the survey period in PDF format
- Final Data Summary Report at end of survey period in SPSS, PDF, and/or XLS format
- Option to include incentives for survey participants
- Three-year Survey Use Agreement
Want More Information?
For more information, contact Lenore Pearlstein, President and Co-owner of Campus Climate Surveys. Ms. Pearlstein also is the President and Co-owner of Potomac Publishing, Inc, and Co-publisher of INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine. Her e-mail is: email@example.com. Click here to read Lenore Pearlstein’s complete bio.